Stay up to date on what's current! Bookmark the Lacerte Trending Topics page using CTRL+D.
The current year organizer needs to be accessed from the prior year program. Refer to this article for more information.
Table of contents:
|‣ Follow these steps to print organizers in Lacerte
|‣ Follow these steps to check if the organizer is suppressed
|‣ Follow these steps to print organizers with codes
|‣ Follow these steps to print organizers in alphabetical order
Follow these steps to print organizers in Lacerte:
- Go to the Clients list to view the list of your clients.
- From the Tools menu, select Organizer.
- Select Print Paper Organizer from the left navigation panel.
- If you get the Intuit Link Welcome screen, click Don't Show this again or Tell me later to continue printing organizers.
- Select the type of Organizer you want to print:
- Complete Organizers
- Condensed Organizers
- Partial Organizers
- Blank Organizers
- Highlight the clients under the Available Clients section.
- To highlight multiple clients, hold down the Ctrl key and select the applicable clients.
- Select Add. to move the highlighted clients from the Available Clients section to the Selected Clients section.
- Select Print.
- If this is your first time printing organizers for this year, you'll be asked to if you want to set your Organizer Options. Click Yes to set your Organizer Options.
- Select the Organizer Pages you want to include with the organizer. This window will change depending on the Organizer Type selected in step 4.
- Suppress omits the page from the Organizer even if the clients prior year tax return requires information from this page.
- Force prints the page even if the clients prior year tax return didn't require information from this page.
- When Applicable prints the page only if the clients prior year tax return requires information from this page.
- Select the applicable Document Options.
- Select OK.
- Select the desired Document Options and Organizer Print Options.
- Select OK.
- Select the applicable Printer from the Print Settings window.
- Select OK.
You can't change the order in which the items print in the Organizer.
If the organizer doesn't print, it could be suppressed. Follow these steps to check if the organizer is suppressed:
- Select the client on the client list and click the Detail tab.
- Go to the Miscellaneous screen.
- Screen 2.1 (Fiduciary)
- Screen 3 (Individual)
- Scroll down to the Organizer Miscellaneous section.
- Uncheck the box labeled Suppress next year's client organizer.
Follow these steps to print organizers with codes:
- Go to Print
- Click Print With Codes
Follow these steps to print organizers in alphabetical order:
- From the Client List go to Tools and select Organizer.
- Select Organizer then Print Paper Organizer then Complete Organizer.
- Look for the available clients list, which is the first box located near the middle of the screen.
- Select the clients you wish to print organizers for and add them to the bottom menu.
- Located just below the available clients list title, you should see two gray tabs that read Client No and "Full Name(Inf).
- Clicking on Full Name (LNF) box at the top of the table will toggle ascending/descending alphabetical order.