When logging into the ProSeries or Lacerte sign-in screen, you may encounter one of these messages.
This error can occur if:
- The internet security settings are set too high
- Intuit isn't included as a trusted site
- You're logged into another computer with the same credentials
- There's a username and password mismatch
To add trusted sites for Intuit products:
- Close your Lacerte or ProSeries software.
- In Windows, open Control Panel and select Internet Options from under Network and Internet.
- You can also use the Search feature on your Windows taskbar to search for "internet options."
- Click Security tab.
- Click on the Trusted Sites.
- If you are on a network, add to Local Intranet Sites instead of Trusted Sites.
- Click on Sites.
- Add https://*.intuit.com to the list of Trusted Sites by copying it in the field labeled Add this website to the zone.
- Click Close.
- Change the Security Level for this zone section to Low.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Reopen your tax software.
- Attempt to login.
- If issues persist, see Troubleshooting browser issues when visiting Intuit websites for next steps.
To reset your password for Manage Users:
- Click I forgot my user ID or password.
- Enter your email address or user ID associated with your Manage Users login.
- Click Continue.
- Once you receive the recovery email, follow the on-screen instructions.