Follow these steps to reset the e-file password if the primary password is known:
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- From the Options screen, select Passwords from the left menu.
- Enter the current password in the Enter existing primary password field.
- If this field is in gray, you haven't set a primary password yet.
- Enter the new password in the Enter new primary password and Re-enter new primary password to confirm fields.
- Once you enter a primary password, the ProSeries should always prompt for the electronic filing password checkbox will no longer be grayed out.
- Click the ProSeries should always prompt for the electronic filing password checkbox to disable this setting.
- Click Yes on the message asking to delete the E-file Password.
Check out this article for more information on using primary, client and e-file passwords in ProSeries.