This article will assist you with entering information from Form W-2G, Certain Gambling Winnings, for an individual return in ProSeries.
Follow these steps enter a W-2G in the program:
- Open the tax return.
- Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
- Type W2G and select OK to bring up Select Form W-2G Worksheet.
- Enter a description and select Create.
- You can enter up to 4 W-2G's on a single Form W-2G Worksheet. Use the QuickZoom to another W-2G Worksheet at the top to create additional copies.
- Enter boxes 1-20.
- If you are e-filing enter the Payer's information in the Form W-2G Additional Electronic Filing Information Smart Worksheet.
Follow these steps to enter gambling losses in the program:
- Open a Form W-2 G Worksheet.
- Enter the gambling winnings.
- Enter any other applicable information.
- At the bottom of the worksheet, use the QuickZoom to enter gambling losses (to the extent of winnings).
- Enter the loss amount on Line 30 of the Misc Itemized Deductions Statement.
- This was Line 29 in previous years.
- Make sure that the correct amount appears on the Schedule A.