Starting in ProSeries 2019, you can freeze the dates on the client letter and invoice in ProSeries Professional. This is so the date doesn't automatically update the next time you print or view the letters or invoices.
To freeze the date on a single return:
- Open the tax return.
- From the Forms Bar select Client Status.
- If you want to use the e-file date:
- Scroll down to If filing electronically, return EFiled.
- Check the box for By checking this box, the client billing/invoice and clinet letter dates will use the date EFiled above instead of your system date.
- If you want to use the date delivered:
- Scroll down to Tax return delivered to client.
- Check the box for By checking this box, the client billing/invoice and client letter dates will use the date tax return delivered to client above insead of your system date.
To automatically freeze the date:
If you'd like ProSeries to automatically use the e-file date for all returns:
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- Under General look for Client Status.
- Check the box for Automatically freeze client letter and invoice dates to E-File Accepted Date.