- To make adjustments to your federal identification, telephone, fax numbers, or email address
- Click Settings and select Options, then Firm Info tab
- To update your firm name or address:
- Sign in toMy Account and go to e-File Center → Manage EFIN
- Select the reason for editing, submit updated information, and choose the EFIN Application Summary file
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and submit the request
- You'll receive an email confirming your request, and processing usually takes 1-2 business days
- Once the update is complete, you can download a new prep software file to use the updated information
For more details, continue reading this article.
To change the federal identification, telephone, fax numbers, or email address:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Firm Info tab.
- On this screen you can adjust the following items:
- Federal Identification Number
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email (individual module only)
To edit the firm name or address:
- Sign in to My Account.
- On the left-side menu, go to e-File center ⮕ Manage EFIN.
- Under EFIN Registration, select the down arrow to choose the reason that best matches your situation.
- Select the box for I have all the required documents and information to proceed to next step.
- Select Next.
- Enter your updated information in the form. This should match exactly with the IRS documentation.
- Choose the Document Type and select Browse.
- Select the EFIN Application Summary to be uploaded, then press OK.
- Select the I agree to the Terms and Conditions box.
- Select Submit.
If you don't know how to find your EFIN Application Summary, see here for instructions on accessing it on the IRS e-Services website.
After the request has been submitted, you'll receive an email confirmation. Processing takes 1-2 business days and you'll receive an email notification once it's complete. Within Lacerte you'll need to download a new prep file to use the updated Firm name or address. See here for details.