This article will help you:
- change your preparer information.
- add or remove preparers.
- designate which preparer is your firm's default ERO contact.
- update your firm information.
To change preparer information:
- Click Settings in the lower-left corner.
- Select Preparer Information.
- Click on the preparer name you want to edit.
- Edit the applicable information.
- Click Save.
Adding a preparer is the same process, except you click Add a new preparer in stead of selecting an existing one. To delete a preparer, press View Actions, then click Delete.
To designate the ERO contact:
- On the preparer information screen, locate the Contact column.
- Use the radio button to select which preparer is the ERO contact for your firm.
Note: Previously, the ERO contact selection was located on the firm information screen. ProConnect Tax includes the ERO contact information in e-filed returns, but it's not printed on any forms.
To change your firm information:
If you plan to e-file tax returns, you'll need to submit an EFIN verification document in order to change your firm name or address. That's because the firm information in your software must match the information on your EFIN Application Summary from the IRS. Update your information with the IRS prior to submitting a firm information change to Intuit. Then, follow the steps to verify your EFIN, and your firm information will be updated accordingly.