IRonMaN
Level 15

This isn't a tax question, but that's ok since I don't want a tax answer.  This is a question for @qbteachmt 

Years ago we used to do payroll processing for a number of clients.  Over the years we have tried to get out of that racket but we still have one small client that we can't say no to.  But after looking at the cost of what Quickbooks is charging for their desktop payroll software we are looking at going with plan B or maybe even plan C or D.  But for the question I have I couldn't find any answers to by doing some searches so I thought I would ask the only person outside of Intuit that might know the answer (and I wasn't about to call support and get a wrong answer).  If a client is using Quickbooks desktop and is paying Intuit for the accompanying payroll service, can we print W-2s for them if they provide a backup of their Quickbooks if we no longer paid for our own Quickbooks payroll service?  We have a handful of clients that need their hands held really tight so we get a backup of their Quickbooks file and prepare quarterly payroll tax returns as well as W-2s.  For those clients, if we discontinue our payroll service, are we going to be prevented from printing those W-2s using our own computers in the comfort of our own office or as long as they have their own payroll subscription should we be able to accomplish our mission?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers