rcooley25
Level 11

I would love to hear from as many of you as possible even if you do not agree with me. I would like your thoughts. Regarding the gig economy it appears that it is going to be here we go again. Again there is a big move in some parts of the country to have people who drive for Uber, Lift, and Doordash to be classified as employees rather than independant contractors so they can get benifits that they are not presently entitled to. If this happens they will have to work when they are told to work and not when they want to.  And they will have to pick up any order they are given whether it is big or  small. Besides that they will not be allowed a tax write off  for the use of their car expenses like gasoline. maint or depreciation. Unless the company gives them a company car to drive or agrees to give them a company credit card for gasoline purchases do these people  who want to be called employees, do they realise how they are getting screwed on their income taxes since employees are not permited to write off employee business expenses any more? Maybe I have been drinking too much fireball lately but it seems the people who are pushing for this need their head examined. After all they knew or should have known what they were getting into when they signed up for this job.