IRonMaN
Level 15

The biggest issue the last few years isn't the bugs themselves.  The big issue is not keeping folks informed of the issues and the time lag it takes to correct those bugs.  Sometimes I think they forget how short of a window we have to get returns out timely.  Not knowing when a bug is going to be fixed is frustrating for folks.  Run an update today and see if yesterday's problem is fixed and nope, not today.  The next day rinse and repeat, again and again and again until finally the problem is fixed.  The standard line of "it will be fixed in a future update" needs to be replaced with the line of "it will be fixed on" and give a specific date.  If they are afraid that folks are going to start calling if it isn't fixed on that date, give yourself some margin for error and add a day or two.  At least folks can have a rough idea when they can get rolling again and also be able to let their clients know there is a hang up, but not to worry because we will have it finished by such and such date.  Telling a client "my software is broken and I have no clue as to when it will be fixed" doesn't exactly give the client great comfort that they chose the right tax preparer.

Slava Ukraini!