rbynaker
Level 13

@sjrcpa wrote:

My guess is that this a VA thing and not an Intuit thing.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time VATax has sent out automated letters requesting information they already have.  They had a problem a few years ago with OSC attachments.

We've seen similar posts from both ProSeries and Lacerte users which also suggests the problem is not on the transmission end.

I haven't heard any chatter in the VA Society of CPAs community forum about similar problems (yet).  Also haven't seen anything on the Drake forum.  So it could go either way, Intuit glitch or VATax glitch.  I'm placing my bet with SJR's guess as a VATax problem, they don't have the best track record.  For example, they're hoping to have 2021 PTET returns ready to file by mid-October of this year (gotta love retroactive legislation)!

<knock wood>  I haven't seen any clients with letters yet.  I did have one client get a bigger refund from VA than expected with no explanation letter received but she made sporadic ES payments during the year and my guess is that she missed telling me about one of them.  We'll see if/when that letter comes.

Rick