DanaCPAtax
Level 2

I worked for a firm that said it was a "no brainer" leaving Lacerte for UltraTax - a 50% savings. I had used Lacerte for over 10 years when I was introduced to UltraTax, the learning curve was very quick. A big benefit is you can see ALL your clients on One Screen. A drawback, you can only have one tax year open at a time; however, you can see a screen that shows prior year's numbers. You can also generate a PDF copy of the prior year return for viewing while you prepare the current year.

UltraTax, in my opinion, has much better tech support. I always got my issues resolved with UltraTax techs. Now, working for a CPA using ProSeries/Intuit, my issues have not been resolved by their help. Reinstalling the software did not produce a permanent fix and no other solutions were offered. I had to go to this Intuit Community to try different things to resolve my issues myself. I could not figure out why the ProSeries login screen would freeze up and not let me in. They checked my account and authorization - all clear.  I took off my antivirus and firewall - that did not resolve the login issue. The only way I could login was to uninstall and reinstall the software on a daily basis, which is NOT acceptable. I spent HOURS and DAYS over a two week (from Aug 4 to Aug 17, 2022) troubleshooting on my own, not able to work, NOT getting paid - wondering how I was going to meet next months bills. 

My CPA had to elevate us to the more expensive ProSeries Networking platform so I could actually get her work done.  After we made the switch from desktop to network version, all of a sudden, with no actionable help from the ProSeries system manager or myself, I was miraculously able to login to ProSeries desktop version.  My CPA does not want to take the chance that PS desktop will not allow me to login again. I couldn't log in for TWO WEEKS from Aug 4 to Aug 17, 2022.

I sent an email to the systems manager and three C-suite executives on 8/30/22 about my experience.

Alex Chriss, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Small Business and Self Employed Group

Mark Notarainni, Executive Vice President, Chief Customer Success Officer

Marianna Tessel, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer

I had also experience getting the "run around" with tech support while using Lacerte/Intuit software. Finally in 2018, I decided to not use Lacerte ever again. As I said, now I work for a CPA using ProSeries/Intuit, and it's a Déjà Vu all over again. I hope she switches to UltraTax for next tax season - saving lots of money, headaches and stress.  Hope this review helps you and possibly others considering making the switch away.

0 Cheers