TampaBayCPA
Level 1

Thank you so much for this well thought out response.

I actually was thinking of approaching it this way. We only started using statuses for the 2020 tax year, and that was a huge lift, but the benefits will be great once all the kinks are worked out. We also are cleaning up our client numbering, and do something similar to you, but need to refine it.

My concern with using the status as an identifier is two things:

1) Would you not still have to go through each of them one by one to add this "proforma" status? Or are you saying this is added with a date each time a client is onboarded or rolled from the prior year? And what do you do if during the year you determine the client is gone? Do you have a gone status, or delete the "proforma" status?

2) If I were to create a status specifically for proforma and organizers, to which I would have to bulk change the status as you mentioned, wouldn't that now be the "current" status in Lacerte, or is there another way to do this? Basically I have tried to use the status for internal reporting and download into excel, so I am trying to avoid switching them all to a different status if this makes sense.

Thank you very very much.

0 Cheers