Stimey
Level 2

The ones, they have accepted (everyone has been different) so I can not provide a template. Georgia's NOL computation is kind of screw ball because investment (interest income) can come into play. But to answer your question - none were accepted at first. I called the number on the Georgia Response Letter and spoke with a lady in the NOL section. There is usually a wait on the phone while they review what you explain and I know on 4 clients - they accepted my explanation and marked the file. 

I have talked with several CPA's down here in Georgia about this and everyone of them are doing what I'm doing now., I am simply on Page 1 of 500NOL putting the NOL amount from previous year on form and going with it. Of course mark box (not carrying back).

Once again, Lacerte needs to get on top of this now. I know I have atleast 30 clients with Georgia NOL's all from Depreciation and this could be catastrophic to have to go back and deal with all these manually; especially for the ones that have investment income. 

0 Cheers