New for tax year 2022, customers are able to generate prior year worksheets for their clients. These worksheets display the details from their prior year tax return while also providing space for comparison with the current tax year.
Before you start:
- Prior year worksheets can only be generated for e-filed individual (Form 1040) returns from tax year 2022.
How to generate prior year worksheets:
- On the page, ensure the Tax Returns tax year is set to 2023.
- Select the 1040 Individual box from the return type options just below.
- Towards the upper-right, select the Batch actions button and choose Create prior year worksheets.
- On the screen that pops up, choose one of the following options:
- Only print sections with data: Shorter, more concise.
- Print all sections of the PDF: Larger, more spaced out.
- Select which returns should be used when generating the worksheets. Use the search function to find specific clients or returns. All returns are selected by default.
- Select Generate.
- After the job has been completed, you will be provided a list of the worksheets, indicating the Status and available Action for each sheet.
- If the prior year worksheet generated successfully for a client, then a View PDF option will show under the Action column.
If you’d like to review the prior year worksheet for a client later, you can find it under the client’s Documents tab. Alternatively, you can select Prior year worksheets history from the Batch actions menu in step 3.