Starting in tax year 2018, ProSeries Professional has a way to temporarily turn off automatic calculations to help when working with large tax returns.
Before you start:
- When automatic calculations are off and calculations are pending, the title bar on all open forms will display in orange instead of the normal blue.
- Error checks and the shading of required input fields won't automatically update when Auto Calculate is Off.
- ProSeries Basic doesn't offer the ability to suspend automatic calculations.
- Once the tax return has been closed, Automation Calculations will turn back on automatically.
To temporarily suspend automatic calculations:
- Open the client's return.
- From the Tools menu, select Auto Calculate OFF.
- Enter the tax return data.
- To update the error checks and required input indicators, manually, force a calculation by pressing the F9 function key or by Saving the return.
- To turn Auto Calculations back on go to the Tools menu and select Auto Calculate ON.