To generate the credit:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Go to the State and Local section on the left and expand Other Credits. Scroll down to CT Property Tax Credit.
- Complete the following fields:
- Connecticut tax town or district
- Description of property
- First installment date paid
- Second installment date paid
- Amount paid
- 1=auto, 2=auto 2, 3=primary residence
- 1=taxpayer, 2=spouse, blank=joint
If the credit is not generating check the following requirements are met:
- Verify the Date of birth entered under Client Information indicates the Taxpayer (and Spouse if MFJ) indicates they were 65 years or older by the end of the taxable year.
- Verify the input under Dependent Information shows at least one qualified depended has been entered and is being claimed on the Federal return in the current tax year.
For more information see the CT-1040 instructions.