California estimated payments for Individual and Fiduciary returns can't be transmitted with the tax return filing.
Before you start:
- For tax years 2017 and earlier, a separate transmission must be made for each quarterly payment using the Estimated Payments Wizard.
- Be sure CA estimates are generated on the return and resolve any critical e-file diagnostics related to California Electronic Payment.
To e-file California estimated tax payments for an Individual or Fiduciary return:
- Go to Screen 3, Miscellaneous Information/Direct Deposit for an Individual return, or Screen 2.1, Miscellaneous Information for a Fiduciary return.
- Scroll to the California Electronic Payment section.
- Locate the Estimated Tax subsection, and check the box for the correct quarter to file.
- The program defaults to the quarterly due date for the date of withdrawal but can be overridden here if payment should be withdrawn prior to the date due. Enter an override payment date, if applicable.
- Go to the E-File drop-down menu and select Start e-file Estimated Payments Wizard...
- Check the box to select the appropriate quarter, and click Next.
- Click on Send e-file Returns Now to transmit the payment information to California FTB.
For more information
- Individual California Estimated Tax Frequently Asked Questions
- For more on transmitting estimates using the wizard, read Using the E-file Estimated Payment Wizard.