This article will help you resolve the following diagnostic:
"e-file: Use of the California e-file PIN requires that the taxpayer read the California disclosure and consent information" (ref. #6804)
To resolve this diagnostic:
A checkbox indicator is in Electronic Filing to indicate that the taxpayer has read the California disclosure and consent information:
- From the Input Return tab, go to General ⮕ Electronic Filing ⮕ E-file Signature Main Form.
- Go to the State and Local tab towards the top of the input screen.
- Scroll to the section California Paperless Filing Signature Section.
- Check the box Taxpayer read consent information.
- Enter the Taxpayer's signature date.