Follow these steps to open an E-Organizer sent from a tax preparer:
- Click on the link provided in the e-mail from Tax Organizer Administrator .
- If the link doesn't work, copy and paste the entire URL into your web browser.
- The link provided in this e-mail is not an embedded executable file (.exe), but a link to a secure server where you are downloading the executable file. This is a very secure process and has passed very rigorous security reviews.
- Click Save.
- Save the EOrg2023.exe file to your Desktop.
- Double-click on the EOrg2023 file located on your Desktop.
- Enter your Password.
- The Password may be included in the body of the e-mail. If it isn't, please contact your tax preparer for the password. Usually, the password will be your 5-digit zip code + the last 4 digits of the your SSN.
- Click Continue.
What if the taxpayer is on an Apple/MAC computer?
Lacerte doesn't support Apple computers using Mac OS. There are a few workarounds or alternatives for this:
- Open the E-Organizer on a PC using a supported Windows operating system. Because Lacerte and the E-Organizer were designed for the Windows operating system, this is the optimal solution.
- Run Windows emulation software or Parallels Desktop for Mac. The E-Organizer will likely work in these setups, but keep in mind that Windows emulators don't operate exactly like Windows, which means that you may receive unexpected results running the E-Organizer in that type of environment. The E-Organizer isn't tested in Windows emulators or Parallels Desktop for Mac.
- Use a PDF version of the paper Organizer. You can send PDF organizers via email, but this information can't be directly imported into a Lacerte client file and will need to be manually keyed.
- Use Intuit Link. Similar to a PDF version of a paper organizer, you can use Intuit Link to send your organizer questions to your clients, which they can complete on the Intuit Link website. At this time, Intuit Link doesn't offer the ability to import information into Lacerte. The data will need to be manually keyed.
If you'd like to submit feedback on this subject, go to the Lacerte Tax Idea Exchange.