ProConnect Tax will automatically include the other state tax return with the state return in the e-file when required as specified in the state's form instructions and e-file specifications. The program will generate a diagnostic if a copy of another state's return can't be included but is required by the state. If this diagnostic generates, save a PDF copy of the other state's tax return and attach the PDF.
Follow these steps to attach a PDF of the other state's tax return:
- Go to theInput Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select General and choose Electronic Filing.
- Choose e-file PDF/Miscellaneous from the dropdown menu.
- In the top right of the screen, click the blue e-file Attachment link.
- Under Electronic Return File Attachments, click the Attach PDF button.
- Locate the PDF copy of the other state's return and click Open.