When emailing PDFs, the program you're working in will open your default email program to send the client file. If your email program doesn't open, make sure it's set as the default email program in Windows.
The email feature works with 32-bit email programs that are MAPI-compliant. Web-based email services such as Gmail, Hotmail, Outllook.com, AOL, Yahoo, etc, are not MAPI-compliant and won't work with the tax software. MAPI-compliant email programs include, but aren't limited to:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook Express
- Microsoft Exchange
To set your default email client in Windows 10:
- Select the Windows Start button and select the Gear icon to access Settings.
- Select the Apps category.
- From the left menu, select Default apps.
- Under Email select the currently displayed program and choose the new app.
- Select the X to close out of the default apps screen.
For instructions on different versions of Windows and for more information, refer to the Microsoft website's How To Change Default Email Client.