Intuit Link is a secure web-based portal that accountants can use to gather tax data from their clients. Your experience with Intuit Link is initiated by an email invitation from your Tax Preparer.
Table of contents:
How to change the email address you use for Intuit Link:
- If you have not accepted the invite contact your preparer to issue a new invite under the correct email.
- You should not change the username as that is what ties the accountant/taxpayer relationship, only the email address should be changed.
- If your Link invitation has been sent to the incorrect email and you accepted it, you can change the notification email to receive emails on your preferred email by completing the following steps:
- Log into accounts.intuit.comwith the email address that was invited to Intuit Link.
- Select Sign in & Security.
- Click on your email address to edit it
- Change the Email address to the correct one and enter the new email in Confirm email address.
- Click Save.
The next time you login you will still use the incorrect email, but any notifications or password resets will be sent to your correct email.
How to upload documents to your tax preparer:
You can upload documents from your computer, phone or tablet or download documents from your Financial Institutions and Payroll Provider.
To upload your documents:
- Sign in to Intuit Link
- Select the Document Checklist.
- Select how you want to send your document.
- Click Share a document
There are 4 ways to share documents with your Preparer:
Get my W-2:
W-2 from your Payroll Provider:
- Intuit Payroll Services
- Click on the To Do tab.
- Locate the W-2 Request item and press Add A Document.
- Click Get it for me.
- Enter the employers EIN and then click Continue.
- Enter the SSN, Box D control number, and Box 1 amount. Then click Get my W-2.
- Click Done.
Please Note: Intuit cannot access documents without taxpayer permission.
Get my forms:
1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-Misc, 1099-B, or 1098 from your financial institution
- Once you have clicked Get it for me
- Type the name of the bank or investment account in the search field.
- Enter your login credentials for your financial institution. This will be the same user ID and password you use to login to your bank or investment account.
- Intuit Link will detect the document you are wanting to download and any related documents.
- Select how you want to connect to your financial institution the next time you connect.
- Select Connect automatically with this login information if you would like the web browser to save you login id and password.
- Select Do not connect automatically, I have multiple logins or Never connect automatically if you do not want the web browser to save your login information.
- To download the document(s) to Link, click Done. Click the trash can icon next to the documents you do not want to download.
- The documents will now be visible in Link.
Get it from Google Drive
- Select Get it from Google Drive.
- Sign in to your Google Drive Account.
- If prompted to allow access, choose yes.
- Browse to the documents, once selected press Select to upload it.
From a desktop computer: Browse to upload a document your computer
- To upload a document that is saved to the computer, select the Browse button.
- Browse to folder where the document is saved, select the document, and click Open.
- To upload multiple documents in response to one question from the accountant, hold down the crtl key on your keyboard and click the files that need to be uploaded. Then click Open. Alternatively, you can upload one file at a time to a single question by clicking the paper clip, selecting one document to upload, and then repeating this process multiple times.
- Select Done.
Maximize size of a file that can be uploaded to Link is 30 MB.
From a mobile device: Take a picture or Upload documents
Intuit Link makes it easy to send documents to your Preparer. You can upload documents by taking a picture directly from your phone.
Snap photo of a document and upload to the Tax Payer Link portal:
- Open the browser on a mobile device and go to https://prolink.intuit.com
- Sign in.
- Enter your user ID and password to login.
- Select Document Checklist.
- Select the document name you need to upload, then Share a document.
- Under Take a photo or upload documents from your phone select Upload documents.
- Select Take Photo or Video.
- Using your mobile devices camera take the photo, then select Done.
Bulk uploading taxpayer documents
- On the Documents screen, click the Browse button.
- In the next window, search for and select the files you'd like to upload.
- Windows: To select multiple files on that are adjacent, use the Shift key and select the first and last file at the end of the entire range you wish select. Alternatively, to select multiple files not within a defined range, hold down the Ctrl key as you click on each file until all are selected.
- Mac: To select multiple files that are adjacent, use the Shift key and select the first and last file at the end of the entire range you wish select. Alternatively, to select multiple files not within a defined range, hold down the Command key as you click on each file until all are selected.
- Once all desired files are selected, click Choose.
- Select the Done button at the bottom of the Upload Progress window once the button presents itself.
- Once the files are uploaded, the tool will then match the files with any source documents your tax preparer requested. Any uploads the tool was unable to match will be bucketed as Unmatched Documents, which may later be assigned a document type by the tax preparer.
Troubleshooting uploading documents
If you encounter problems uploading documents such as continuous spinning wheel or an error occurs while uploading documents, clear the browsers cache and try the operation again.
Down below you will find links to instructions on how to clear cache/cookies for our supported browsers: