Can client information be imported to ProSeries from QuickBooks Online?
- For ProSeries 2021 and prior, no. You'll need a desktop installation of QuickBooks.
- New for tax year 2022 you can import QuickBooks Online Accounting data into ProSeries Professional.
- Make sure the tax lines are assigned in QuickBooks Online Accountant prior to attempting to import data. See Use Prep for taxes to map and export your clients’ tax info for help setting up the QuickBooks Online account.
To update the return with QuickBooks Online data:
- Open the client file in ProSeries.
- From the Import menu, select Import Tax Return data from QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- If you have more then one account, select the account containing the company information.
- Select the client.
- Review the tax line mapping. If you need to adjust the tax line mapping select Cancel and see Use Prep for taxes to map and export your clients’ tax info for help with the tax line mapping.
- Select the Import button.
- Select Ok and view the tax return.