Before you start
We recommend creating a copy of the original return to save the entries as they were filed; however, printing or e-filing from the copied return will incur a new charge. Make the changes, print and e-file from the original return while saving the copy (by default, the return is named Client Name - COPY) for your records.
Follow these steps to amend an 1120S return
- From the Profile tab, check the E-File box for both Federal and Federal Amended (if you would like to e-file).
- From the Input Return tab, go to Other Forms ⮕ Amended Return (1120S).
- Check the box labeled Amending federal return (MANDATORY). Complete any other applicable fields.
- Click Change Item in the top right corner to enter the Explanation of Changes. Select the + button to add more entries, if needed.
- Use the main input screens to make any changes to the Form 1120S, as you would with an original filing.
- Go to the Check Return tab to verify your entries and to confirm the forms are generating correctly.