This article will help you enter qualified educator expenses for the Schedule 1. See the IRS instructions for Adjustments to Income to determine what expenses qualify.
To enter expenses:
- Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
- Type EE to highlight Educator Exp.
- Click OK to open the Educator Expense Workhseet.
- Enter any qualified expenses on line 1 for the taxpayer or spouse.
- Line 8 shows the amount of expenses that qualify as a deduction for Schedule 1.
- Any amount on line 9 will transfer to the Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions Worksheet for state use. Check the box on line 10 if you do not want the amount on line 9 to be transferred to the Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions Worksheet.