You can't force Form 8453 to generate in ProSeries when the applicable forms aren't chcked on the Electronic Filing Worksheet.
"Purpose of Form:
- Use Form 8453 to submit by mail any required paper forms or supporting documentation listed next to the checkboxes on Form 8453.
- Do not attach any form or document that is not shown on Form 8453 next to the checkboxes.
- If you are required to mail in any documentation not listed on Form 8453, you cannot file the tax return electronically."
Follow these steps to generate Form 8453 for Schedule D/8949:
- Open the client return.
- Go to the Schedule D.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section.
- For Line A, mark the Yes checkbox.
Follow these steps to generate Form 8453 for other than Schedule D:
- Open the Federal Information Worksheet.
- Scroll down to Part VI - Electronic Filing of Tax Return Information.
- Mark the checkbox labeled File federal return electronically.
- Go to the Electronic Filing Information Worksheet.
- Scroll down to the Option of Transmitting the Forms as PDF with the Electronic Submission or Mailing the Forms with Form 8453: U.S. Individual Income Tax Transmittal for an IRS e-file Return section.
- This is near the bottom of the Electronic Filing Information Worksheet.
- Scroll down and mark any applicable checkboxes.
- Make sure Form 8453 is present in the return (and that the applicable boxes are checked).
- Review the Form 8453 Tax Help for specific information.
- You may attach some documentation to the return as a PDF document instead of filing Form 8453.