This article will help resolve the following diagnostic:
- Form 8958: The other registered domestic partner's full name and SSN required for e-file purposes. (ref. #36150)
This diagnostic generates when there's incomplete information on Screen 3.1, Community Property Income Allocation. If Form 8958 isn't required, but the diagnostic is generating, this suggests input exists on Screen 3.1, typically a remnant from a previous filing, and the data was proforma'd over.
To review that the required information is complete:
- Go to Screen 3.1, Community Property Income Allocation.
- Scroll down to enter the information in these fields:
- Other registered domestic partner's SSN
- Other registered domestic partner's first name
- Other registered domestic partner's last name
To remove existing input that's not visible on the screen:
- Use Ctrl+W to switch to batch mode.
- Place your cursor on the line with any codes listed on this screen.
- Select Ctrl+D to delete all codes and amounts.
- Use Ctrl+W to switch back to interactive mode.