This article will help to resolve the following Ohio diagnostic:
- e-file: To claim the pass-through entity credit you must submit a copy of the Schedule K-1. This can be done by either attaching a PDF copy or indicating that a copy has been /will be faxed by checking the box "Supporting Documentation for Credits Faxed to State" in Other Credits Screen. (ref. #34610)
This diagnostic can be cleared in two different ways. The K-1 can be attached to the return as a PDF, or it can be faxed in separately to the state.
To attach the K-1 as a PDF:
- Create a PDF copy of the K-1 and save to your computer.
- Within the return, go to Screen 4, Electronic Filing, then select the PDF Attachment button at the beginning of the section.
- Next, select the Attach PDF button.
- Select Browse Files and select the PDF attachment.
- Double-click on the PDF file and select OK on the e-file attachment box.
- In the Ohio IT-1140 Information section of the screen, select the box Send PDF attachment with Ohio IT-1140 return.
- In the dropdown menu for Form IT-4708, line or instruction reference select Pass-Through Entity Credit.
To fax a copy of the K-1:
- Go to Screen 53, Other Credits.
- Select Ohio from the top-left St. Credits menu.
- Scroll down and select the box Supporting documentation for credits faxed to state.
Both of these options will clear the diagnostic from the return.