When supporting documentation is required, the Final Review in ProSeries will generate an error or diagnostic message to help ensure the PDF file is attached before you transmit the electronic return. However, when attaching the required PDF it's important to select the appropriate Type when the PDF is attached. The Type that is selected for the PDF attachment is used by the agency's automated processing to identify the presence of a required attachment.
How to resolve:
If the required PDF file has been attached to a return, but the Final Review continues to report an error that an attachment is required, please review the Type assigned when attaching the PDF file. Often, this error is caused by the incorrect Type.
To resolve this error message, it's important to first double-check that the PDF was created and attached using the appropriate steps:
- Confirm these steps were followed in creating the PDF.
- Confirm these steps were followed when attaching the PDF.
After that, you will want to review the PDF Attachment assigned to the return:
- From within the client's Federal or state return (depending on the situation), go to the Efile menu select Attach PDF Files.
- On the Attach PDF Files window, the attached PDF files will be shown. Review the Type assigned to the PDF return.
- If necessary, adjust the Type assigned to the PDF attachment using the drop down menu.
- Click OK to save your changes.