If you have Document Management System (DMS) installed on a computer that is able to view the database, you can find the database path from within the program.
Follow these steps to locate the database path from within the program:
- Open Document Management System.
- Locate where it says Current Database Path: (in the bottom middle of the display) and note the path listed.
- If DMS doesn't open to a database, or it opens to the wrong one, follow the steps below. Otherwise, continue to Step 4.
- The bottom of the database menu should contain the last several databases accessed. Start from the top and try accessing each database to determine which one is correct.
- Go to File.
- Select Database.
- Close DMS once the database path has been noted.
If you are unable to find the correct database path this way, you can try searching for DATA01A.dat, a file associated with all DMS databases.