Follow these steps to customize financial statements:
- Begin by reading/printing Chapter 3 of the Reports manual located in the Help menu.
- From the Help menu, select Manuals and choose Reports. Financial Statement Design begins on page 25.
- Set up the financial statements using the Statement Templates.
- This will provide a basis to start from.
- Go to Print Reports and select the Chart of Accounts, Financial Statement Design, and Financial Statements that are being customized (for example, the balance sheet) to assist in making changes.
- If you're new to the Custom Statements feature, use the AAA Sample Company (located in the C:\EASYW\SAMPLE directory) for guidance as well as practice:
- Print the Balance Sheet.
- Open the Custom Statements screen and review each line pertaining to the balance sheet, comparing it to the print out of the balance sheet to gain understanding.