This article will assist you with generating the following Hawaii forms in Lacerte:
- Form N-342, Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit for Systems Placed in Service on or after July 1, 2009
- Form N-342A, Information Statement Concerning Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit For Systems Installed and Place In Service On Or After July 1, 2009
Before you start
- The amount of credit and the type of renewable energy technology will appear on Hawaii Schedule CR
- Nonrefundable credits calculate on page 1 and refundable credits calculate on page 2.
- If the client has a carryover after completing Form N-342, you can enter a note on Screen 47, Notes to keep track of the carryover within the client file manually.