When getting ready to print a tax return, you may have a need to different copies of the return or print only a portion of it. Down below we'll go over how you can do so using Print Options.
Step 1 - Designating which return items will print with each copy:
- From the Settings menu, select Options.
- Select the Items to Print tab.
- On the left side of the screen, select the applicable item from the Copy menu to configure.
- For example, Preparer Review, Preparer File, Client, Government, etc.
- Designate the forms, schedules, worksheets, etc. that you wish to include every time you print this copy of the return in the Print Order section on the right side of the screen.
- In the Print Settings section, select Yes, No, Suppress or When Applicable for the specific settings pertaining to the return.
- Repeat Step 3 - 5 for both the Print Order and Print Settings sections for each type of return copy.
- To save your selections, click OK.
Step 2 - Printing the tax return:
When printing the tax return, the option to choose which type of return copy to print will appear. The settings that have been configured for the steps above will determine which forms print out with each return copy selected.
- From the Print menu, select Tax Return.
- There are two main sections in the Print Tax Return window:
- Return Options
- From the Return section, choose the copy you wish to print.
- The default option is Complete return. The program will always return to this option when opening the print window.
- Only one of the options listed may be chosen, and whichever option is selected will determine what is available in the Return Options section below.
- The Return Options section has four sections to designate the where to send the print job and to specify the number of copies to print for the Return Copy( s) selected.
- From the options available, designate the number of copies you wish to print and choose to print to the Printer, File (PDF) and/or Document Management System.
- The Print Tax Return window also provides a way to adjust the printer settings. By selecting the Settings button, you may choose a different printer, add or change watermarks, etc.