This article will assist you with determining which Texas franchise report to file, along with generating the correct report in ProConnect Tax.
Before you start:
- Go to the Profile tab and make sure you've added Texas to the return.
- Forms 05-102 and 05-167 won't generate for any return marked final. Refer to this article for more information.
- Passive entities file form 05-163, instead of the 05-102 or 05-167.
Forcing or suppressing Form 05-102 or Form 05-167
ProConnect Tax will automatically determine which report is needed based on your inputs throughout the program. Select your return type below to view instructions on overriding the program's automatic determination.
- Form 05-102 - Texas Franchise Tax Public Information Report — Each corporation, LLC, limited partnership, professional association, and financial institution that has a franchise tax responsibility must file a Public Information Report (PIR) to satisfy their filing obligation.
- Form 05-167 - Texas Franchise Tax Ownership Information Report — The Ownership Information Report (OIR) is to be filed for each taxable entity other than a legally formed corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, professional association, or financial institution.