ProConnect HelpIntuit HelpIntuit

Common questions about Arizona special allocations in ProConnect Tax

SOLVEDby IntuitUpdated July 26, 2023

Below, you'll find answers to frequently asked questions about Arizona special allocations for Partnership returns:

How do you enter special allocations that aren't the same as federal allocations in a Partnership return?

When you allocate on Special Allocations tab, and you have state information with different amounts from federal, you must separately allocate on Special Allocations.

Otherwise, the state will use the partner percentages on the Partner Percentages screen, which can be found by going from the Input Return tab to Partner Information Partner Percentages. Each state varies on what you can allocate depending on what's reported on the Schedule K-1 equivalent.

To allocate to the state:

  1. Go to the Special Allocations tab.
  2. On the dropdown in the top left of the special allocations, select the state you wish to allocate amounts for.
  3. Under the Amounts to Allocate panel, select the area of income you wish to allocate for. (Or click Add, to add the area of income if it is not already listed.)
  4. Select the partner you wish to allocate to.
  5. In the column labeled Amount, enter the desired amount.
  6. Repeat steps 2–5 as needed.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
ProConnect Tax

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Intuit Accountants users.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads