Follow these steps to generate the self-employed health insurance deduction on Form 1040, Schedule 1, line 16:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select Deductions.
- Click on Adjustments to Income.
- Select the Health Insurance section along the top of the input.
- Enter the appropriate amount in Premiums not entered elsewhere (excluding long-term care).
- Enter any long-term care premiums under the Long-term Care Premiums subsection, if applicable.
The program will only calculate this deduction if there is net self-employment income or wages from a more than 2% shareholder on the return. A worksheet will generate to show the calculation of the deduction including the net SE income determination.