You want to remove a forgotten client password or a forgotten password on a return in Lacerte, Lacerte Tax Planner, or Document Management System (DMS).
Removing a forgotten client password
Select the items below for step-by-step instructions on unlocking a password protected client in My Account:
- Sign in to My Account.
- From the left column, choose Dashboard.
- From Helpful Resources on the right, choose Client Password Unlock.
- For Program Type choose the Tax Planner.
- In Client Plan enter the Plan Name from Tax Planner and click Submit.
- Save the code provided. You'll need this in Lacerte Tax Planner.
- Open Lacerte Tax Planner and double-click the plan you need to unlock.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter the code from step 5 in the Enter Unlock Code field.
If you get an Error Occured message, delete your cookies and cache and close out of all browsers before trying again. If they My Account Client Password Unlock utility doesn't return any results (or gives an incorrect code), try to access it from a different web browser.