ProConnect HelpIntuit HelpIntuit

How to make capital gains taxable to fiduciary instead of beneficiary in ProConnect Tax

by ProConnect Tax Online Updated 3 months ago

To report capital gains on Form 1041 instead of the Schedule K-1:

  1. Go to the Input Return tab.
  2. From the left menu, select Beneficiary/Grantor Info. > 1041 Distributions.
  3. Select the Distribution Percentages screen.
  4. For each beneficiary, change the Short Term and Long Term percent to zero.
    • This will remove the distribution from the Schedule K-1, and put the income on Form 1041, Line 22.
ProConnect Tax

Sign in now for personalized help

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Intuit Accountants users.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads