Why is Sch-C-EZ not generating in tax year 2019 and newer?
Starting in tax year 2019 the Schedule C-EZ is no longer a form supported by the IRS and the Schedule C should be submitted instead. See About Schedule C-EZ for more details.
Why is Sch-C-EZ not generating in tax year 2018 and prior?
C-EZ can only be generated when ALL of the following apply:
- Business expenses are $5,000 or less.
- Cash method of accounting used.
- Didn't have an inventory at any time during the year.
- Didn't have a net loss from the business.
- Had only one business as either a sole proprietor or statutory employee.
- Had no employees during the year.
- The business isn't required to file Form 4562. See instructions for Schedule C, line 13 to determine if you must file Form 4562.
- Didn't deduction expenses for business use of your home.
- Don't have prior year unallowed passive activity losses from this business.