ProConnect HelpIntuit HelpIntuit

How to report a Canadian Pension NR-4 in ProConnect Tax

by ProConnect Tax Online Updated 7 months ago

If input related to Canadian pensions is used, the return must be paper-filed. ProConnect doesn't create an electronic copy of the Canadian NR4. An electronic copy of a 1099-R is required for e-filing.

Canadian Pension is treated the same as if it were a US pension reported on a 1099R; social security the same as US Social Security. Taxable amounts are reported on Line 16, just like other pensions. 

  • Make sure to convert the Canadian amounts on the 1099R to US dollars; and
  • Don't forget to take the foreign tax credit on tax withheld (which also must be converted to US dollars).
ProConnect Tax

Sign in now for personalized help

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Intuit Accountants users.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads