This article will assist you with generating Form 8919, Uncollected Social Security and Medicare Tax on Wages, in Lacerte.
To generate Form 8919 in the program:
- Go to Screen 14.1, SS Benefits, Alimony, Miscellaneous Inc.
- Scroll down to the Alimony and Other Income section.
- Locate the Uncollected social security and medicare tax on wages (8919) (Ctrl + E) field.
- Click inside the field and press Ctrl+E on your keyboard to open the supporting detail box.
- Use the new window to enter all applicable information for Form 8919. The wages entered will flow to the wage income line of Form 1040.
There isn't a way to input wages for only Social Security or Medicare. The form doesn't have separate fields for this. If one was paid through the employer, then a SS-8 will need to be filed.