If you're amending an individual federal return, you can enter the As Originally Reported amounts for refundable credits in the General Information and Federal (1040X) screen.
Follow these steps to enter the originally reported amounts for refundable credits:
- Go to Input Return ⮕ Miscellaneous Forms ⮕ Amended Return (1040-X).
- Select General Information and Federal (1040X) from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the Federal Income Tax Return section.
- Enter all the applicable amounts in the As Originally Reported column.
- If you use the Correct Amount [Override] column in the input screen, make sure you enter in the appropriate field for the specific credit.
- Scroll to the Other Refundable Credits subsection and locate the Other subsection below it.
- Enter the total of all the original credits in the As Originally Reported column of the Amount field.
The total As Originally Reported amount will flow to line 15, column A of Form 1040-X with the appropriate box(es) marked. Any change to a refundable credit will appear in column B and adjust column C.