The following informational diagnostic is generating in the Individual module:
- The tax program defaults to checking the no box on Schedule B for the question "...did the taxpayer have a financial interest in or signature authority over a financial account located in a foreign country. If this is correct, check the box "No interest or authority over a foreign account (located in the interest screen)". If not, check the box "Interest in or authority over foreign account". (ref. #33177)
How do I resolve this diagnostic?
This informational diagnostic generates when Schedule B is generating, informing you that Lacerte will default to checking the "No" box on Schedule B, line 7a. If this is correct, no action is necessary and the diagnostic can be ignored.
This diagnostic will also generate if Schedule B is forced in User Options.
Follow these steps to force Schedule B option in the global options:
- From the Settings menu, select Options.
- Select the Tax Return tab.
- Scroll down to the Federal Tax Options secton.
- For Schedule B, select Force from the dropdown menu.
- Select OK to save and close.