This article will show you how to generate Form 8814 and how to enter your child's interest and dividend income in ProConnect Tax.
How to enter your child's interest and dividend income:
- From the Input Return tab, go to Taxes ⮕ Parent's Election (8814).
- Under General Information, select the child's name from the dropdown menu.
- If you haven't entered the child's name on Screen 2, Dependents, you won't see a dropdown menu option
- Under the Interest Income and Dividend Income sections, enter any applicable information.
- To add more children, click on the + button to create a new tab for a different child.
Reasons Form 8814 won't generate
Form 8814 won't generate unless the child and parents meet all of the conditions in the Form 8814 instructions.