Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client has an LLC - single mbr that is a member of another S-corp. He got Sch. K1-scorp under his LLC name and EIN. Should we use sch. C or E to report his income?

Level 1
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 15

What do you mean by "another" S-corp?  Did the Single Member LLC make an election to be taxed as a corporation?

If the Single Member LLC has NOT made the election to be taxed as a corporation, it is a "disregarded entity".  That means you disregard it for income tax purposes.  So it is the taxpayer that received the K-1.

In most cases the K-1 should have been issued to the taxpayer's name and SSN, so the S-corporation should correct that.