Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to turn off the DocuSign verification process for eSignatures?

davetodd11
Level 5
I use eSignature solely with ProSeries in order to give my clients a quick and simple way to sign their tax returns remotely.  The process seems to be anything but simple for about half of my clients because they can't seem to get past the DocuSign verification process, which results in a 'failed' attempt to sign their documents.  

Some of the returns are for Grantor Trust returns, which need to be signed by the Fiduciary.  The DocuSign e-mail is sent to the Fiduciary, who is then prompted to input personal info for the Grantor in order to access the returns.  The Fiduciary does not have this info, because the Grantor and the Fiduciary are two completely different people.  Is there a way to bypass the eSignature verification process?  I know I'm sending it to the right person, so I don't need DocuSign to verify anything - just allow access to the signature boxes.

This has become such an annoyance and resulted in so many delays that I currently don't plan to use this process for the coming tax season.  While this was meant to automate and simplify the process, it appears that I would be better of going back to snail mail.

Another issue I'm having with DocuSign in ProSeries is that I sent out eSignature requests for two nearly identical trusts.  However, in the ProSeries HomeBase, on shows and eSignature Action of "View Dashboard", and the other shows "Send Reminder", although requests were sent for both of these.  Clicking on the View Dashboard I only see one of the requests, but if I log into DocuSign directly via my web browser I can clearly see that both requests were generated.