Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Error in Tax Program 2021-Investigation 1594764333

Cpakat
Level 1

I have been on the phone with Lacerte support several times regarding a math calculation that is in error on the Iowa individual return.  I have requested to speak to a supervisor twice with no response.  The customer service representative states they have no way to get any further assistance. My client's Iowa Schedule A line 21 through 24 clearly has a math error.  The penalty for this is several thousand dollars.  The appeal process for the abatement of the penalty is running out.  The investigation implies the calculation is correct but will produce no explanation on how they have taken a basic math problem and come up with a number $20,000 higher.  I have read the instructions for the form and I can find no solution to how the number is miscalculated.  I need something in writing from Lacerte to attach to my appeal letter to explain the calculation.  I believe this is a software issue, I'm sure the developers can look into the issue and explain.

Kenneth A Thomas

0 Cheers