- Free e-Filing in ProSeries: e-Filing is included in ProSeries at no additional cost.
- Compliance: If you anticipate doing more than 10 federal individual returns in a given tax year, the IRS mandates e-Filing.
- Cost Savings: e-Filing results in significant paper, toner, and postage savings.
- Accuracy Gains: e-Filed returns have additional diagnostics to help ensure the return is correct. The error rate for electronic returns is less than 1 percent.
- Taxpayer Benefits: In addition to faster refunds for your clients, they can also file early and pay the balance later on the return due date.
- Acknowledgement of Receipt: IRS acknowledgement is usually received within 48 hours after submitting the return.
About 5 years ago I decided to require that any qualifying returns be e-Filed. It was a great business decision! The biggest savings is in time assembling returns. I also save paper and toner costs as I only have to print a client copy. I can also provide my clientele with accurate refund dates.
- Bruce Sigman
Watch a Quick e-File Video to learn more.