What's New for ProSeries — Tax Year 2013
ProSeries is even easier to use in 2013, so you
can build the business you want.
- Voted one of the easiest to use software programs, AICPA. Rated 4.75 out of 5 for Traditional and Advanced Workflow, CPA Practice Advisor
- The #1 choice for tax professionals with more than 65,000 practices using ProSeries
- Over 20 time-saving features and 1,000 diagnostics
- 3,200 forms and schedules to meet client needs; plus e-file is FREE for current year returns.
Already Using ProSeries?
Take advantage of our quick and easy online renewal. Renew now and get the best price available.
Pay 1% or less in Sales Tax
Receive your software via download (not CD) and pay 1% or less in sales tax if you live in one of these eligible states
Sales tax exemption due to download only delivery for tax year 2013 licensed customers in certain states based on State legislation: AR, CA, FL, GA, IA, MD, MO, NV, NJ, OK, SC and VA. In addition, CT customers are eligible for a reduced tax rate of 1%. In order to qualify for sales tax exemption, customers may not receive, or have received, any physical media for ProSeries Tax 2013. No exceptions based on State taxing mandates.
- New Features for Tax Year 2013
- 4 Tools to Help
You Save Time in Your Workflow
- A Special Thank
You from Jill Ward
We've added several new features to help you speed through your workflow.
- Faster E-File Acknowledgements - Stay a step ahead with faster e-file acknowledgements on delayed returns from directly within ProSeries.
- PDF Attachments for E-filed State Returns - Save time by attaching PDFs directly to E-filed 1040 State Returns
- Year-Round E-Filing -Customers with an active tax year 2013 license can e-file Individual and Business, federal and state returns for current and prior years supported, in accordance with the IRS guidelines. (File 1040 returns for tax year 2012, and Business returns for 2010, 2011, and 2012)
New Forms and Improved E-File Robustness
We've increased our library to include more than 3,200 forms so you can prepare virtually any return you need.
- NEW! Modernized Individual e-file for New York City (plus estimate NYC payments)
- NEW! Modernized Business e-File functionality for forms in the following states: AR, IA, KS, MT, OK, UT2
- Expanded e-File for TX 1040 LLC, NJ 1120/1120S and VA 1065/1120S2
- NEW! Expanded 1041 content for states including KY, AL and IN, as well as new federal 1041 forms to support modernized e-File2
Additional Assurance and System Reliability
We've reinforced our system to deliver greater assurance when filing returns and sharing client data.
- Password Protected PDFs - Email password protected PDFs of your client returns directly from within ProSeries2
- Improved Print Preview and Printed PDFs - Now you can see a print preview of Forms that are selected for printing, as well as for entire returns. Plus, you can open and view your PDF directly from within ProSeries.2
- New enhanced data encryption -Experience more assurance and peace of mind with our latest reinforcements to data encryption
- Improved Software Set-up and Faster Download Installation - Get up and running with less effort, and in even less time.
- Improved Customer Service protocols and enhanced agent training - Get the support you need to resolve your issues, more quickly.
e-File more returns, extensions and payments faster with less clicks.
- Faster processing by attaching PDFs directly to returns and enabling you to e-File multiple year 1040s at once
- Faster e-File acknowledgements
- Specific reject explanations are in clear, easy to understand language to help resolve errors faster
Missing Data Utility
Flag fields in tax forms that are missing data from the client.
- Move quickly through tax preparation while keeping track of necessary follow-ups
- Summary email to clients to request updates directly from the tax program
Collections made simple. Client payments made convenient.
- Give your clients the option to pay you out of their refund
- Clients get their refund faster and you can rest easy knowing you will get paid at the same time they get their refund
NOTE: QuickCollect is not a loan or a refund transfer.
Extensive In-product Help and Tax Guidance Tools
Get answers to tax and form questions in seconds, right within ProSeries.
- Not sure where to put information or data? Simply click "Where do I enter" feature
- Not sure how a number was calculated? Right click on the Tax Line to see the source
Thank you for choosing ProSeries
A message from Jill Ward, General Manager.
Dear Valued ProSeries Customer,
I'd like to thank you for choosing ProSeries for the 2012 tax season. My team and I know that the tax software company you trust must serve as your partner as you build the client base and business you want.
This tax season has certainly been unique from a legislative and timing perspective. We truly hope that our software, training, services, and support have helped make this season a successful one for you, and that we've earned your business going forward.
As we look ahead to next season, and based on feedback from you and your peers, we will continue to expand our tax offering to include new forms, features and training that help you prepare returns faster and easier.
On behalf of the entire ProSeries team, thank you again for placing your trust in us this season.
Senior Vice President / GM
Accounting Professionals Division
And Intuit Health Group
We want your feedback
Help us improve your ProSeries experience by sharing your thoughts and ideas. Click the button below and tell us what you would like to see.